ASTRA is an active participant in public policy debates affecting the broadcasting and media sectors.
- support the development of the subscription media industry
- encourage the production of local content for Australian audiences
- advocate an open, competitive market that encourages investment and innovation
- believe intervention in the market should be minimal and fair to all participants
- recognise intellectual property rights and believe creators should be fairly rewarded
- believe that all media organisations should have access to public resources on the same terms